Thursday, May 28, 2009

V New Series Preview Trailer

V remake TV series ABC ship screencaps pictures photos screengrabs trailer stills
ABC has released the new trailer for the V series remake. On the plus side we've got the awesome Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet from Lost), lovely Morena Baccarin (Firefly), and cutie Scott Wolf (The Nine, Party of Five). On the negative, we don't seem to have anyone as hot as Marc Singer or Judson Earney Scott were in the original. And Morena Baccarin is still too thin, and with a short pixie do, instead of the uber feminine, long- haired voluptuous beauty she was on Firefly.



I'll no doubt give the new remake a try. The effects look great, and Baccarin will make for an excellent evil, smooth-talking villain. For me, whether I keep watching depends on whether V will be non-stop angst each episode, or if there'll be enough action, romance, and hopefulness to keep it from being an endless downer.

V wasn't listed on ABCs fall schedule, so it looks like it will be a midseason replacement early next year.

3 comments:

  1. looks intersting. bet it hows up between dancing with the stars seasons...lol A much better remake idea than Melrose Place, but still iunnecessary.

    correct me if i'm worng, but didn't i see one of the guys from 4400 in there?

    Don't forget Pushing Daisies tomorrow night

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Elizabeth Mitchell finishes filming this in time for her to come back as a zombie on LOST. (Ha ha -- I know that's a lost cause, no pun intended.)

    Seeing that guy from 'The Nine' sure brought back memories. I think it's going to bug me for the rest of my life that I'll never know how that story ended. ;-)

    I never saw the original 'V.' From the clip, it looks like it might be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MM: I only watched a couple epis of 4400, but yes, I do believe you're right about the actor being from there.

    I'm not sure V needed to be remade, either. Sci-fi shows are few and far between, though, so I guess I'll give it a whirl and see how bad it is...heh.

    Thanks for the reminder--I didn't watch Pushing Daisies, but I know a lot of peeps did. I made sure to make a post about it! :)

    @Ms. Terri: I actually thought Elizabeth Mitchell might be returning in Lost...at least in flashbacks or something. *sniff* Though I suppose she could still do flashback scenes even if she's working on another series.

    I didn't watch The Nine...that was when they started a ton of new series in one season and there was no way for me to keep up with them all--and then I was glad I hadn't invested when they just cut that one short. It's so frustrating, isn't it, when they leave us hanging? Agh! :P

    If you haven't seen the original, the new V might appeal to you more as you have no preconceived ideas. I'm going to give it a try, since it's sci-fi and has some good people in it, but I'm not sure. I liked the original, which actually would prolly seem terribly corny now, but was kind of groundbreaking back then! I'm wondering how well it will update...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin