Monday, August 24, 2009

Gina Torres to Join Gossip Girl

Gina Torres Zoe Washburne Firefly Gossip Girl news
There have been few female characters on TV as awesome as Gina Torres' kick-ass Zoe on Firefly. That's why I was thrilled to hear that Torres is getting a regular gig on the popular CW show Gossip Girl. I've written all the details up at TVOvermind news.

I've managed thus far to have never watched 90210 (either version), Melrose Place, or Dawson's Creek. The buzz on Gossip Girl kept intriguing me, however, and I kept thinking I might succumb and try out the first season.

Once I heard Gina Torres was signing on, that sealed it for me. I took a look at a couple Gossip Girl episodes, and I have to tell you, folks--I'm hooked. It's trashy and soapy, but it's also smart and funny and ridiculously addictive. I have no idea how they managed to find so many uber pretty trust fund boys and girls for one series, but it's practically blinding. Torres will bring the beauty level up yet another level, and here's hoping it's also a great role for her. Torres deserves something she can sink her teeth into, and there is definitely plenty of scenery-chewing to be had in Gossip Girl.

The new season of Gossip Girl starts Monday, September 14 on the CW, at 9/8c.

PHOTO: Gina Torres as Zoe Washburne, Firefly screencap, c2002 20th Century Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin