Sunday, November 29, 2009

Glee Gets Ousted for Reality TV

Glee screencaps images photos pictures screengrabs capturesFox once again makes an interesting scheduling choice, involving one of the network's most popular shows. Apparently musical dramedy Glee will have a "winter finale" on December 4, TV.com reports, and won't pick up the plot again until mid-April. The reason for this 4 month+ layover?

Why, so American Idol can be the lead-in for a new reality show titled Our Little Genius--a competition show for precocious children. Oh boy. I can hardly wait to not watch that.

The good news for me is that the four month gap in Glee programming will allow me to catch up on this critically acclaimed series--which up till now I've been missing only because I've gotten sucked in by the Wednesday competition, Modern Family and Cougar Town.

Glee will get a new Tuesday timeslot in April, following American Idol. While scheduling changes aren't usually the best choice, in this case it's a good thematic pairing and might be a boost for Glee. Since fans are pretty diehard, hopefully they'll be willing to wait four months AND switch days--but it sure seems like a pretty big gamble for a show that's already doing well for the network.

Watch Glee for now on Fox, Wednesday nights at 9/8c.




PHOTO: Glee screencap, c2009 Ryan Murphy Productions, 20th Century Fox Television.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't watched this, but it sounds like the kind of show I would like. I may do the same as you and watch it up during the haitus. Now that V is on its own hiatus, and Eastwick is getting cancelled, and DWTS is over, and LOST hasn't started yet, there's not a lot I'm watching right now, so I could use a new (to me) show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh? That is crazy! I have only heard good things about Glee and this sounds like a massive mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just blogged about this earlier this week. Glee is hands down one of the top, if THE best show on TV, and they're going to take it away from 4 months to put on some crappy reality show? WTF?!?

    I understand the holiday layoff, and maybe a coupel weeks for the Idol auditions, but where are these people's brains? They're going to take off a proven hit...especially in these days when mosty new shows don't make it past the sweeps...in foavor of a reality show that, as far as I know, no one has been clamoring for. On top fo that, I bet reruns will be nonexistant. Good move on their part, lemme tell ya.

    On the other hand, this could go one of two ways. Good, in that people will be missing it so mcuch, that the returs will be one of the highest rates shows of the season (like the premiere)...or bad in that people, who many are just now getting into it, will foget about it (Pushing Daisies, anyone?)

    Makes no sense to me!

    in other Glee news...I read that Idina Menzel is joining the cast after this major hiatus. Too bad they couldn't get her on there with Kristin Chenoweth and they sang something from Wicked. It may still happen...lol She does look like that Rachael chick, though. Maybe she'll be playing her mother?

    sorry...got a bit wordy, ther. been a while since I left ou a comment, so I was just making up for lost time...yeah, that's the reason...lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin