Saturday, May 15, 2010

Renewed and Cancelled Series: Law & Order, Heroes, Chuck & More

Heroes Peter Petrelli Milo Ventimiglia Noah Bennet HRG Jack Coleman screencaps images photos pictures screengrabs capture cancelled canceled
Lots of news buzzing around about renewed and cancelled shows, so here's the scoop:

TVOvermind reports that Heroes is finally over after four seasons. Sadly, consensus is largely that Heroes was over after season one. What a waste of beautiful Peter Petrelli and his hot brother Nathan...that's all I'm sayin'... The good news is that TVSeriesFinale has scoop that there will be a wrap-up to the series rather than an abrupt cut-off. Here's hoping! (ETA: Yahoo!TV says the expense of the show means no ending after all, which really sucks for a series like this.)

Law & Order ties with Gunsmoke for longest running drama at 20 seasons...and has been cancelled, acccording to EW.com. I'm sad because I love Linus Roache and wanted him to have a lengthy stint on TV, but the show really has run its course, and they never quite figured out what to do with Sam Waterston once they made him DA.

Crazy thing is, Law & Order: SVU has been renewed and there'll be a new spin-off, Law & Order: Los Angeles. Fingers crossed that Roache at least gets a few guest appearances on that one. And Law & Order: CI is still running on USA, albeit after one of the lamest send-offs for Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe ever. Gah.

Supernatural will be renewed for season 6, but without creator Eric Kripke, TV.com reports. I haven't caught up with the end of this season yet, but even if this story arc is now complete, I sure wouldn't mind seeing more of this ridiculously entertaining show.

I lost track of FlashForward early on due to timeslot issues, and it's a good thing I never invested the time because it's been cancelled. I was so shocked by how good indie star Joseph Fiennes was at being tough and macho (and still sexy), I'm really hoping he can land in another series.

Though its ratings weren't stellar, TV.com also says V is renewed for next season. It's not a bad show, but the whole pull of the original was we didn't know who the V were. Now that we already know, this remake feels a little anti-climactic to me. It's got a good cast, however, so we'll see where season 2 takes us.

Never fear, Chuck fans, your favorite geek spy is renewed for another season. The Hollywood Reporter guesses it should get a 13 episode order. I'm just hoping Brandon Routh pulls a Moriarty and returns from the dead. After all, Bryce did that at least once before he got his own show.

Early buzz was that FOX was going to cancel one or both of the series Human Target and Lie to Me, but according to TVbytheNumbers, FOX renewed both for 13 episodes apiece. I was personally shocked to find out it will be Lie to Me's third season rather than second...which tells you how often I've seen it.

After tons of TV ads and mad crazy online campaigning, ABC got disenchanted with the low ratings for new drama/mystery/weirdness Happy Town and have pulled it from the schedule. They'll air the remaining few episodes in summer. Translation: Cancelled. In case you were curious about this fly-by-night show, here's my review of the Happy Town pilot episode.




PHOTO: Peter and Noah, Heroes screencap, c2009 NBC.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy Chuck got renewed. Can't say I'm surprised about Heroes. Like eveyrone says it has gone down sicne the first season. I don't think its been tha bad, but its obviously been on the downslope. This seasonm was better, though. Hopefully they'll get a movie or something to properly wrap it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were schedule conflicts this year, and I kind of lost track of Heroes. After the Nathan/Sylar thing they kind of lost me, too--Peter and Nathan were two of my favorite characters, though they did screw with Nathan too much well before this.

    That said, with such an epic cast and storylines, it's really unfair to fans who have stuck by it to be left without a resolution. Within 24 hours I heard conflicting news about whether there'd be an end or not. I think an X-men style movie would be awesome and could be a big moneymaker for them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin